At HDR, we specialise in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That colouring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realisations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.HDR is seeking an experienced public relations professional who is passionate about communications, has a drive to innovate and a habit of thinking outside the box. This person will serve as a strategic communications coordinator leading and delivering communications for infrastructure projects on an industry-leading team.
HDR is seeking an
experienced professional who is passionate about communication. This candidate
should have a drive to innovate and has a habit of thinking outside the box.
This position is for the role of our PA/WV/OH
Strategic Communications Businesses Class Manager as part of
an industry leading team in HDR with a practice of nearly 100
communication-consulting practitioners nationwide.
Who You Are:
You are creative, a
forward thinker, comfortable working on multi-disciplinary teams and
collaborating effectively with colleagues in both content and technical
You thrive on building
and managing people and teams. You want to manage the operations of a
designated Strategic Communications team including staff development,
profitability, morale, quality control and marketing support.
You are exceptionally
organized and highly driven with the ability to manage several projects and
meet client deadlines.
You arenât afraid of
leading public meetings, hearings, open houses and other meetings with the
public, clients and other project stakeholders.
You have a track record
of creating and implementing communications strategies that include target
audience strategies, event planning, scheduling and overseeing the production
of collateral materials.
You enjoy managing and
leading clients, and developing relationships to build our strategic
communications program in Canada.
You are a highly
creative person that understands the importance of clear communication across
multiple channels and mediums from video to social media.
You are a lifelong
learner who is constantly researching new technologies and trends, pushing
clients and the team to innovate. You embrace the new.
You are a self-starter
who thrives and adapts in exceptionally fast-paced environments.
- Coordinate with theArea Business Class Managers and the Regional Business Class Lead to supportbusiness class initiatives
- Develop and implementa broad range of communication strategies, outreach programs, plans, messagemanagement processes, and initiatives and outreach activities that effectivelyeducate, inform and build relationships with targeted stakeholder groups thatare impacted by infrastructure projects
- Develop schedules andbudgets as required for each project
- Develop and maintaineffective working relationships with established internal and external sourcesof client media, locally, regionally and nationally
- Manage publicrelations programs in the media and target markets, including working withpublic relations agencies and media to ensure media coverage
- Drive and managedigital engagement strategies, including social media and mainstream outreach,and create and manage content
- Mentor and developStrategic Communications staff
- Manage sub consultants
- Manage QualityControl/Quality Assurance
- Manage and givedirection in stakeholder coordination, conflict resolution and facilitation
- Perform other dutiesas needed
Keywords: Communications, Consulting, Engineering, Marketing, Planning, Presenting, Community Outreach, DOT, Water, Utilities, Construction
- Excellent knowledgeand experience developing and implementing communications plans and campaigns.
- 10 yearsâcommunications, public relations, marketing experience
- Bachelorâs degree incommunications, public relations, journalism, marketing or relevant field.
- Experience withcommunications for industry specific programs and/or architectural practicespreferred. Industry sectors include: transportation (transit, roads, freightrail); resources (power, waste, industrial, oil & gas, mining); and waterservices (drinking water, water resources, waste water) focusing on municipaland private sector clients.
- Experience with abroad client base, including municipal and public agencies would be anasset.
- Experience with thedevelopment and execution of Indigenous Engagement programs would be an asset.
- Familiarity with thewide variety of the fieldâs concepts, practices and procedures.
- Understands theintegration of people, processes and technology needed to implement change.
- High aptitude formanaging and solving tactical issues.
At HDR, we know work isnât only about who you work for; itâs also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each otherâs contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.