Req Number: 34529
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Under limited supervision, the staff accountant assists the Finance Department in performing multiple duties related to the accounting functions of the organization within established deadlines.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Prepare, record, and process accounts payable and cash disbursement, and accounts receivable and cash receipts.
- Prepare allocation tables for indirect expenses and revenue items as needed.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare and process payroll and deductions schedules.
- Assist in the posting of accounts to the general ledger for: accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, cash disbursements and payroll.
- Review open invoice reports and follow up with a schedule of payments or adjustments.
- Assist comptroller with the year-end financial audit.
- Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organized manner.
- Perform other related duties as directed or as the situation dictates. (We wear multiple hats at Kimpton!)
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
- 2+ years accounting experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to optimally present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Basic algebra and geometry skills.
- Experience solving practical problems and the ability to deal with concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in MS Office with emphasis on Excel and working knowledge of PeopleSoft.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia