Runner - Red Owl Tavern
Req Number: 36160
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
You are hardworking with a real passion for creating a quality dining experience for all of our guests. Ensure guests receive all dishes in an efficient, courteous and accurate manner. All functions are carried out to maintain a clean, dry, safe, and inspiring work environment for you and your coworkers.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Greet and welcome restaurant guests.
- Deliver food to the tables ensuring that it is delivered promptly and of the appropriate temperature.
- Deposit dishes appropriately in the dish-room or specified area.
- Clean and set tables according to restaurant standards, empty all trash containers regularly, stock bussing stations.
- Learn and maintain product knowledge of the food, wine, and beverage menu(s).
- Clean stations, including sweeping floor using the tools provided.
- Perform buffet set-up and refill if needed.
- Assist in Room Service if needed.
- Assist other restaurant personnel with tasks when necessary.
- Attend all company and/or restaurant required trainings and meetings.
- Communicate with other staff and management.
What You Bring
- 1 year of experience in a related or supportive role is preferred.
- Food Handler Certification, Alcohol Awareness Certification (if applicable).
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the Restaurant POS system is required.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to take initiative.
- Flexible schedule and are able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Red Owl Tavern