Mobile Light Duty Auto Technician
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Dickinson Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Dickinson Fleet Services (DFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
DFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. DFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
This role will be responsible for providing a skill level of vehicle maintenance and repairs such as oil changes, battery services, and tire installations in a mobile/field environment. Reporting to the Mobile Technician Manager, this role will include but not be limited to fluid exchanges and maintenance services, tire inspections/rotations, installations and bulb, wiper blade and filter replacements. May work independently or in a team environment.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform preventive maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, tire rotations and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
- Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed using company issued device.
- Maintain assigned work area clean and tidy.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at all times as directed by management and company’s safety standards.
- Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance reports.
- Manage parts inventory and equipment provided on a service vehicle and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most standard repair times. Keep work quality standards high.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain company’s issued service vehicle, conduct safety checks and pre/post trip inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of vehicle service and repair experience required; customer service experience preferred.
- ASE Certifications preferred, not required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must be willing to undergo a background, motor vehicle report check, and drug screen after an offer of employment has been made
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Physical Demands and work environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, reach, talk, hear, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and/or crawl.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
- Continually exposure to outside weather conditions
- Protective equipment must be worn including but not limited to uniform, safety vest, gloves, and protective eyewear
- Be available to work day and/or night hours, depending on the needs of the location/business
- Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in work environment
- Diversity – shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences and promotes a harassment free environment
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Technology - comfortable using various forms of technology including but limited to smart devices and applications
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.