As the Manager of Sales Development, you are responsible for the management of overall inbound business development and outbound prospecting pipeline building strategy and execution by leading the Sales Development Representatives. You’ll work closely with Marketing and Sales leadership to devise the best tactics to increase demand generation and set weekly and monthly KPIs. This is a highly strategic role where you’re able to have control over business decisions for the most important aspect of Eggplant’s inbound and outbound prospecting pipeline build.
· Manage the execution of the overall strategy for obtaining more inbound and outbound prospecting pipeline
· Align with Marketing and Sales leaders and teams to strategically and predictably fill pipeline with qualified prospects and customers for their territories
· Ensure sales development KPIs are hit on a weekly and monthly basis by conducting regular assessment of progress
· Responsible for coaching and training the BDR talent track by monitoring people in line for promotion and enabling others to progress in their career
· Effectively lead representatives to exceed their team goals and pipeline
· Work strategically with Marketing to create prospecting and ABM campaigns
· Build and manage a team of SDRs
· Improve sales techniques and procedures based on team performance
· Achieve pipeline creation at or above stated quota
· Monitor, support and coach sales development representatives with cold calling, prospecting, follow-up and qualification
· Conduct performance management reviews to ensure direct reports are developing and that goals and expectations are aligned
· Sales Management experience in a SaaS space
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software sales; prior experience cold calling and creating pipeline for a SaaS software team.
· Experience implementing processes, reporting in Salesforce and driving adoption of processes and technology
· Experience of the following skills: Sales Management, cold/warm calling, and prospecting.
· A history of uncovering areas for improvement and using data to understand the challenge and design a solution
· Excellent presentation and listening skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management and C-level stakeholders
· 2+ years of experience managing and growing lead gen teams
· Experience using Salesforce a must. Experience using Gong, Hubspot, & Chili Piper a bonus
· Self-motivated, ability to work independently and motivate a team.
· Management of pipelines, territories, forecasting and processes.
· Experience with coaching and mentoring