With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over five years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
We're looking for someone who is overachieving, energetic, detail-oriented, highly organized, passionate about hospitality, and experienced in maintenance to join our team.
Maintenance Technicians at Sonder are responsible for tackling a wide variety of challenges. They’re good with their hands and able to problem solve proactively. Maintenance technicians are efficient with their time, quick learners and able to communicate well with coworkers.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct thorough apartment walkthroughs and maintenance checks throughout all leased spaces
- Conduct scheduled preventative maintenance on appliances and other items in our apartments
- Perform maintenance to apartments such as repairing furniture, unclogging drains, changing light bulbs, replacing broken items, repairing damage to walls, painting
- Coordinate and meet with our 3rd party vendors at our apartments. (Meeting with electricians, plumbers, exterminators, HVAC technicians to let them in and walk them through work to be done)
- Assist in managing the warehouse - deliveries, organization, ordering etc
- Maintain organization and upkeep of supplies in storage such as tools, extra furniture/lamps, space heaters, fans etc.
- Support the guest experience team as needed: meet and greet guests when they check-in and fulfill guest requests during their stay
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's Degree or similar work experience preferred but not essential
- 3+ years of maintenance experience
- Incredibly hard working and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
- Great communication skills and ability to think on your feet
- A perfectionist that obsesses over all the details
- Borderline OCD when it comes to organization and planning
- A proactive self-starter who takes initiative without needing direct instruction is comfortable taking the initiative and Thrive in a startup environment
- Comfortable working with or learning new software systems (e.g. Google Suite, Slack, Asana)
- Must have basic knowledge of HVAC and other building systems
- Should have knowledge of Life Safety Systems and procedures
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Willing to use personal vehicle w/Proof of insurance
- Willing to work overtime and be on-call (for emergencies), including holidays and weekends
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 50 to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
*The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.