High School Teachers Needed
Are you an energetic teacher of high school students? Seeking a new role to support their academic success?
Bring your talents to our expanding Philadelphia team! For 2018-19 we have opportunities in 9-12 non-public high schools throughout the Philadelphia region. Full and part-time positions available.
You teach small groups of students focused on the skills (reading or math) they need to be successful. Identifying and addressing skill deficits you help students work more effectively with their academic content providing remedial lessons using our researched-based materials in our nationally accredited program.
Paid training occurs prior to the start of the school year to be well- prepared to work with students in our unique, highly customized program. To assure student’s academic growth, we maintain high professional standards for teachers and support your professional development with regular opportunities to earn Act 48 credit and collaborate with your Catapult Learning colleagues.
With full and part-time opportunities, small group teaching environments and high professional standards you, and your students, will grow beyond expectations!
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Plan targeted appropriate instructional experiences for students
- Teach appropriate curriculum, per Master Schedule assignment
- Work cooperatively with Lead Teacher (where available) in developing positive educational experiences for students
- Monitor student progress for assigned courses of study
- Communicate and interact with students, parents, staff and community
- Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of the students
- Modify instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of the students
- Monitor appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices
- Contribute to staff development by being actively involved in the process of maintaining certification, attending workshops, reading educational journals, matriculating in advanced degree courses, and participating actively in internal Professional Development Programs
- Other duties may be assigned.
Must have a PA certification. Private Academic Certification is acceptable.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Current Child Abuse, Criminal Background check, FBI Fingerprints and completion of approved Mandated Reporter training (ACT 126)
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.