Global Learning Systems & Operations Analyst
The Global Learning Systems & Operations Analyst provides technical support for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Cornerstone learning management system (LMS) and interrelated learning technologies. As part of the Global Talent Development Operations team, the Global Learning Systems & Operations Analyst will demonstrate deep expertise with of all components, features, and functions of the learning management system, and will help ensure the accuracy and integrity of learning content and data residing in the learning management system. Applying this expertise will require the Global Learning Systems & Operations analyst to work closely with other team members, internal business groups, and system users to create process efficiencies and improved learning experiences.
Course Configuration & Deployment
• Configures instructor-led/virtual classroom training and eLearning programs in the LMS, populating and testing content, and setting up customized deployment conditions required for launch.
• Provides consultative support to development teams on the design and structuring of complex curriculums to ensure content meets established taxonomies and protocols required to maintain catalog consistency.
• Creates automated assessments and surveys in accordance with course design requirements.
• Executes detailed testing protocols for SCORM/AICC eLearning content built with a variety of course authoring tools, and other learning content such as HTML based materials, videos and documents.
• Configures and manages automated training notifications and validates the accuracy of all aspects of learning program details and logistics, including management of enrollments and rosters.
User Support & Issue Resolution
• Serves as a second tier escalation point for LMS support requests; researches and diagnoses issues; identifies solutions to resolve user issues related to program, system configuration, or data discrepancies.
• Maintains the LMS home page and customized role-based or business function-specific learning pages, including updates to design, layout and content to ensure they are aligned with current learning initiatives and priorities.
• Creates and maintains technical and process documentation; contributes to development of LMS related communications, including announcements and user’s guides; provides training to end users, administrators, and others who interact with the LMS.
• Works closely with Global Learning and Development teams and regional system administrators to ensure procedures, practices and standards are followed to ensure optimized use of the LMS. Recommends appropriate updates or changes to LMS administration, applications, functionality and/or associated processes.
• Configures, tests, and troubleshoots a variety of learning applications to support an enhanced digital online environment and user experience.
Reporting and Analytics
• Creates and runs scheduled and ad-hoc reports, such as monthly course completion, training evaluation metrics, mandatory training compliance, and training surveys. Ensures that all appropriate reports are processed and distributed/shared to applicable recipients.
• Designs and develops custom reports for Global Talent Management and business line clients, maintaining LMS reporting to support repeatable and ongoing reporting requirements.
• Analyzes learning data and metrics; creates presentations that illustrate themes and trends as extrapolated from the data and metrics.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in HR/information systems, instructional technology, or training and development.
• Five or more years of experience with LMS administration on hosted technology-based learning platforms. Experience with Cornerstone OnDemand LMS preferred.
• In-depth practical knowledge of authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate and Presenter, Articulate, Brainshark, Camtasia Snag-it, web-conferencing, other learning support tools. Experience publishing courseware using e-learning standards such as SCORM and AICC. HTML and XML skills are highly desired.
• Experience with data reporting and analytics, and demonstrated ability to extrapolate themes and trends from various datasets. Master level experience with Microsoft Excel required.
• Strong analytical and problem solving capability; can extrapolate information related to potential issues based on limited information. Can infer what a user is experiencing without seeing it firsthand.
• Ability to work under pressure; can manage multiple projects and switch from internal work to end user support and back on short notice, and complete tasks to agreed time and quality standards.