ESL Teachers Needed!
Help students whose first language is not English move from proficiency to fluency by providing small group instruction (6 students in a group) in non-public schools in Philadelphia.
Students, in grades K-12, will benfit from your strong literacy instruction that emphaizes increasing academic language skills across the school curriculum and into the community.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Attend training sessions to learn about the Catapult Learning models for instruction
- Develop and maintain individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensure supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from Company classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Attend and document conferences/meetings/trainings with Company Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by the Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree and valid teaching certificate, as required by contract. Teaching experience preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must have current clearances: Criminal background check, Child Abuse, FBI Fingerprints as well as approved Mandated Reporter training.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.