Catering Sales Manager- Hilton Hotel City Ave
The Catering Sales Manager is tasked with developing, contracting and finalizing social catering business with a focus on Weddings and Bar/Bat Mitzvahs while maximizing the banquet space to meet/exceed sales goals. The incumbent solicits, negotiates, and books new/repeat business via outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc. A thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the catering, food & beverage needed; communication skills, and the ability to negotiate, influence and sell professionals and/or prospective hotel guests; proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals in the social market.
(This is a Sales Position and requires Catering Sales experience)
- Pursue new and repeat catering business that fits the hotel sales parameters per guidelines established by the Director of Catering and General Manager.
- Detail events and create floor plans per company standards
- Establish a strong networking presence within the local hotel community.
- Develop and engage in relationship-driven and long term business relationships.
- Create awareness of groups in all internal staff, communicating information with other hotel departments in a timely manner to facilitate efficient purchasing, scheduling and staffing.
- Provide personal attention to clients while they are at the hotel to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Develop relationships with local vendors for table arrangements, limousines, photographers, etc.
- Conduct site inspections with potential clients.
- Maintain accuracy of catering information.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Attend department and BEO meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher, Two or more years of related experience in the social market or a combination of education and expereince.
- Knowledge of various ethnic events preferred
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Possess knowledge of hospitality, business and basic accounting principles and practices. Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills.
- Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers.
- Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes. Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work habits. Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and thorough work. Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Must satisfy and comply with the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction. Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.