All Around Machinist
Plan Your Future with Kingsbury!
Join us for an exciting opportunity to have influence, in a stable, growing organization. We currently are looking to add a full-time All-Around Machinist to our team at our Northeast Philadelphia, PA facility. At Kingsbury, we operate with a shared purpose of creating the best product in our field while maintaining a healthy relationship with work.
Who We are:
Kingsbury, Inc. was founded in 1912 and is the leader in the design and manufacture of tilt-pad fluid film thrust and journal bearings for all types of rotating machinery, with thousands of installations worldwide. The Company is comprised of a Corporate office (Philadelphia, PA), two (2) manufacturing facilities (Philadelphia, PA and Oshkosh, WI) and two (2) repair and service facilities (Philadelphia, PA and Yuba City, CA) located in the United States. In addition, Kingsbury has one (1) manufacturing facility located in Göttingen Germany.
Why work at Kingsbury?
- Company Paid Vision and Dental
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Proven record of promoting from within
- Competitive vacation for new hires
- Team Environment
- And many more reasons to come work with us!
As the All-Around Machinist, the team member will:
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequence of operations to fabricate product.
- Operate metalworking machine tools to machine parts to specifications.
- Fabricate, assemble, and modify tooling to produce parts and assemblies.
- Lay out and verifies dimensions of parts, using precision measuring and marking instruments and knowledge of trigonometry.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products, using a variety of metalworking machines.
- Completes certified welding requirements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Abilities and Other Skills:
- Product Inspection - Inspecting and evaluating the quality of products utilizing the latest inspection tools and techniques as required.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Troubleshooting - Determines cause of operation error and decides what to do.
- Problem Identification - Identifying the nature of problems.
- Active Learning - Working with new material or information to grasp its implications.
- Solution Appraisal - Observing and evaluating the outcomes of a problem solution to identify lessons learned or redirect efforts.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Required Experience: 2-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred Experience: Fanuc control knowledge
Kingsbury, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.