Accounts Receivable Manager
Accounts Receivable Manager - Home Care
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Responsible for the daily management of accounts receivable functions for centralized business office of the Home Care and Hospice entities to meet cash collections goals and ensure minimal outstanding receivables. Monitors the daily workflow, quality and productivity of staff and establishes relationships with third-party payers responsible for claims adjudication. Collaborates with staff and Health System departments to achieve the Redeemer Health CBO key performance metric targets established by Senior Leadership.
CONNECTING TO MISSION:
All individuals, within the scope of their position are responsible to perform their job in light of the Mission & Values of the Redeemer Health. Regardless of position, every job contributes to the challenge of providing health care. There is an ongoing responsibility for ensuring that the values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Hospitality, Holistic Approach, Stewardship and Collaboration are present in our interactions with one another and in the services we provide. The Business Office Department strives to contribute to this mission by working with the entire organization to provide the most positive financial climate possible, for continued caring, comforting, and healing for all in need.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of or 5+ years of progressive billing and collections experience working for a healthcare provider required
- HFMA or AAHAM professional certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all government and payer billing regulations and payer requirements, knowledge of third party payer contracting language and reimbursement terms.
- Understanding of healthcare accounting procedures as they relate to receivables management and reporting.
- Knowledge of third party payer contracting language and reimbursement terms.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD10, CPT, and HCPC coding.
- Familiar with multiple (widely used) healthcare patient accounting/billing systems.
- Proficiency with Excel, MS Office, Internet Explorer, and Database Management application software.
- Ability to communicate in English, both written and verbal. Additional languages are preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and accurately process high volumes of work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good analytical skills, assertive in resolving unpaid claims.