Job Summary: Assist the driver in inspecting, delivering, set-up and deluxing furniture to the customer’s satisfaction.
Reports To: This position reports directly to the Delivery Manager
- Call customers for today’s delivery to confirm arrival time, notify if special instructions or if running late.
- Inspect the merchandise for quality before wrapping and loading by contract on truck.
- In uniform, steel toed shoes and back support at all times on the job.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude towards the customer.
- Set-up, deluxing, moving furniture and possibly picking up old bedding is required in the customer’s home.
- Driver and helper unload all merchandise through Getback and review paperwork.
- Experience in driving a straight truck in a safe manner. Person that is not driving is required to be a spotter every time the truck backs up.
- Responsible for understanding state regulations for safe operation of commercial. This includes completing a daily pretrip and post trip inspection.
- Use of pens, clipboard, map books, & cell phone.
- Reading and communication skills in English.
- Use of basic hand tools such as, screwdriver, drill, saw, wrench. Use of deluxing materials such as touch-up markers, polish, glass cleaner.
- Basic home delivery skills in using a dolly, hand truck, ties and pads.
- A minimum of 21 years of age and a good driving record.
Education & Qualifications:
- 2 years of experience in a customer service environment
- Must be able to work weekends as needed
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
- The work will be performed in the warehouse, outdoors and in the customer’s home.
- Capable of working in a warehouse environment and physically handling the hot and cold climatic changes.
- Exposures to dust, chemicals and diesel exhaust fumes in an open-air environment.
- Safety glasses, dust mask and plastic gloves are provided for associate use upon request.
- Exposure to diesel fuel when refueling truck.
- Good communication skills; reading and writing skills in English
- Excellent team player; actively contributes to a team and respects others
- Emotional intelligence; understands yourself and others to build relationships.
- Dependable; accountable and is committed to work as scheduled
- Flexible; open to new procedures and ability to adapt to changes
- Basic knowledge of Star warehouse system and operations.
- Ability to use a broom, dustpan, box cutter, safety glove and scanner.
- Wear uniform, steel-toed boots, back support.
- Lifting 150 - 50 pounds with frequent lifting, carrying upstairs and in awkward positions.
- In an 8/hour workday associate may stand or/and walk from 4 – 6 hours.
- In an 8/hour workday associate may sit or/and drive from 3 – 5 hours.
- Associate may use hands for grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling from 5 – 6 hours (includes drive time).
- Associate may frequently bend, twist, squat, climb and reach from 2 – 4 hours.
- Approximate percentage of time required for stamina is 100%, seeing 100%, talking 100%, hearing 100% while on the job.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a management level position and hours of work would routinely be 40+ hours per week. Given the nature of the position, there may be occasions that extra hours may be required.
What Star Offers:
- Competitive hourly pay rate
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Generous Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntarily Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
(waiting periods may apply to the above)
Location: 14051 I-35 Service Road N, Pflugerville, Texas 78660
Equal Employment Opportunity