The Commissioning (aka Cx) Field Engineer is a very qualified technical assistant to the field, acting as a liaison between the Cx Journeyman, Foreman, Superintendents and office. In this role, candidate will support the technical tools (Cx iPads, Commissioning software, Bluebeam), communicate project specifications needed for Cx and any support details/drawings needed for Cx tasks (i.e., details of equipment layout, dimensions, equipment gear windows) needed to keep the field Cx resources efficient. The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite, the ability to understand one-lines, schematics & drawings is necessary, knowledge of electrical terminology and components is necessary, and must have extensive technical knowledge of construction, O&M, testing and troubleshooting, building system start- up, balancing.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: 4 years of related experienceor
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Leads training needs for technology tools, software applications, and SOP’s.
- Understands relational data sets for equipment and feeders and able to generate reports from such data.
- Ensures detailed procedures and checklists are in place to document that equipment is installed and energized to the project requirements, applicable standards, as well as customer requirements and specifications.
- Assembles project information that documents that the installation conforms to project requirements, applicable standards as well as customer requirements.
- Collects and enters data for KPI reporting and visual reporting.
- Provide support material and reports to project leads as required.
- Provide support for commissioning activities.
- Lead in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems and process problems.
- Lead the implementation of Commissioning activities.
- Compare various performance measurements to meet targets and provide remedial action as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.