Performs a variety of imaging procedures consistent with established policies & procedures at a technical level typically requiring general supervision.
• Gives straight-forward explanations and instructions to foster a sense of comfort and confidence to patients and ensure the needs of individual patients are met.
• Operates and maintains all assigned imaging department equipment including but not limited to X-Ray.
• Positions patients and uses radiologic equipment to correctly capture the images requested by a physician.
• Accurately performs all imaging exams as ordered in accordance with established policies, procedures, regulations, and laws; ensures the physician on duty is notified of the results.
• Completes quality assurance processes and practices radiation safety in order to reduce exposure to patients, staff and self.
• Maintains all required documentation, logs, charts, forms and records in paper and electronic formats.
• Maintains an adequate supply of all consumables to perform quality testing.
• Performs all routine daily, weekly, monthly, and periodic maintenance and function checks following established protocol for all imaging equipment.
• Performs other related duties as required and directed.
• Graduation from an AMA-approved school of Radiology Technology
• Certified in general radiologic technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT)
• Current BLS certification
• Associate’s Degree in radiology