Service Manager Petaluma
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Manages and directs front of house operations, activities, and staff to ensure effective and profitable operation and growth; ensures that quality service is provided to all guests
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to drive per person check averages (Minimum average amount $10.30 per week)
- Ability to make contact with every guest at some point during their dining experience
- Ability to schedule appropriate staff levels based on store volume and section size
- Perform daily pre shift meetings with service staff
- Knowledge of all Alcohol and Beverage Laws and Regulations
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, presentation, and prices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops front of house staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of shack crew members; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Reviews staffing on a daily basis to ensure it is adequate to handle the day’s business; calls in additional personnel as needed.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Works closely with the Kitchen Manager and other appropriate staff to ensure the smooth operation of the front of house.
- Establishes and monitors standards for front of house including but not limited to personnel administration, performance, and service to guests.
- Monitors overall condition of front of house, public areas, and outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to guests, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure front of house is performing at established standards.
- Ensures that guests’ needs are fulfilled and their experience is as outstanding as possible; responds to guests’ feedback, including complaints/problems; reviews compliments/ complaints with front of house staff to continually improve service.
- Ability to interact with guests; make them feel welcome and appreciated.
- Ensures follow through and communication of all company changes are addressed to appropriate departments.
- Establishes par levels for supplies and equipment; monitors and maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure front of house remains current.
- Ensures all food and beverage operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Monitors budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Establishes and maintains effective revenue management techniques to maximize revenues; reviews and analyzes financial statements.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by General Manager.