To deliver comprehensive, quality healthcare in an efficient and cost effective manner to the people of the community. As a member of the Healthcare team, and lead by the Chief Medical Officer, the OB/Gyn Physician is vital to the successful completion of the organization goal. Each clinical team member receives performance measures and patient satisfaction results and is given the opportunity to participate in the development of a plan for improvement through regular QA meeting and or action plan development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, functional duties, responsibility, and work environment requirements listed below are representative of the abilities required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The OB/Gyn Physician is directly responsible to the Chief Medical Officer of Jewish Renaissance Medical Center, Inc.
- Provide and coordinate all aspects of patient care as defined by their specialty, including attending to the care of hospitalized patients; responsibility for proper maintenance of the medical record (i.e. charting); problem follow-up; and arranging for and coordinating specialty consultations.
- Serve as major medical resource with their own area of expertise to other JRMC providers. This will involve direct supervision of nurse practitioners, as needed, as well as acting as medical consultant to other JRMC providers when required and keeping up to date in the individual specialty and actively sharing new knowledge.
- Share responsibility with other JRMC providers (as designated by the Chief Medical Officer) for the following:
- Development, maintenance, and provision of an after-hours telephone coverage system.
- Maintenance of the problem-oriented record keeping system to be used jointly with nurse practitioners, social workers, nutritionists, and other health care providers.
- Maintenance and utilization of a comprehensive database.
- Development and maintenance of an audit system to evaluate and monitor the quality of care rendered and to ensure compliance with protocols and that all providers give care that is complete that is complete, up-to-date, and uniformly applied to all patients in similar situations.
- Development of protocols to ensure that all providers give care that is complete, up-to-date, and uniformly applied to all patients in similar situations.
- Relate to their clinical department and be released from clinical duties, on a part-time basis (to be designated by the Chief Medical Officer) for the fulfillment of educational, teaching, or attending responsibilities.
- Be involved in the design and maintenance of in-service programming for health care providers in JRMC. Release time for C.M.E. activities will be at the discretion of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Be involved in community activities (as part of the work week), as designated by the Chief Medical Officer. Such activities might include health fairs, presentations of health subjects at community facilities, etc.
- Physicians at the JRMC will have overall responsibility for the provision and coordination of patient care as defined by their specialty (i.e., Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, OB/GYN, and Family Medicine). This includes:
- Provision of health maintenance services.
- Diagnosis and management of disease.
- Attending to the care of the hospitalized patients.
- Arranging for and coordinating specialty consultations.
- Serving as major medical resources within their own areas of expertise to other JRMC providers. This involves direct supervision of nurse practitioners, as needed, as well as acting as medical consultants to other JRMC members when required.
- Participating in on-call system to ensure continuity of care.
- Develop and implement a quality assurance program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- MD or DO has graduated by an accredited Medical School.
- Must possess a State of NJ License.
- Must possess a CDS and DEA License issued by the State of NJ.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Must possess a current CPR/BLS certification.
- At least 2 years’ experience in current field is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Orientation toward primary care delivery.
- Prior experience in a comprehensive, ambulatory care setting is preferred; experience in a health care team delivery; experience with inner city populations.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.