At Perham Health, we don't do average, we do AWESOME!
As an employee, no matter what your career path, you have an impact on Perham Health patients' health, well-being and satisfaction. You will make a positive contribution to the community members' lives while enjoying a sustainable career with opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are looking for a Patient Access Representative to join our team. Look over details of the position below and if it seems like a great fit for you, apply to come be AWESOME with us
Department: Hospital & Emergency Department-Registration
Performs reception duties in the directing and providing of information to visitors, residents, patients, and telephone callers, performs duties in the admitting and discharging of patients, performs a variety of data processing duties and general clerical duties.
Knowledge and training equivalent to completion of a high school education including typing and clerical courses. Knowledge of office procedures and medical terminology; effective human relations skills and the ability to react calmly and efficiently in emergency situations. Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Answer hospital switchboard; screen and refer calls; receive and direct the general public to appropriate place or department personnel; provide general information regarding Perham Health and Perham Living, as well as department functions and procedures; explain hospital regulations relative to visiting hours, charges, payment of bills, insurance coverage, etc.
- Monitor various on site alarms for the hospital.
- Functions as an admissions/discharge clerk by preparing admission forms and fulfilling record keeping procedures from, when possible, direct interviews with patients, or other information finding mechanisms available.
- Be responsible for a variety of data processing duties including data entry of admissions, entering demographic updates, entering charges, running reports. Work various WQ's.
- Performs clerical duties as necessary including, but not limited to, accepting payments, balancing the cash drawer, preparing deposits, sorting mail, typing, scanning, mailing, etc.
Work Schedule Information:
- This is a casual position. Hours and shift times may vary.
- Overnight availability is required
Competitive pay offered.