Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time“ through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation's fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
The acute inpatient unit of Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health offers services that include familytherapy, group therapy, healthy coping skills anmuch more. This 23-bed unit serves children aged 4-17, and offers treatment for many behavioral health issues
Assessment and Treatment Planning: Assists the interdisciplinary treatment team in patient assessment and the development and implementation of the plan of care ensure individualized, goal-directed treatment.
- Obtains pertinent information from referral sources seeking patient admission; assists in facilitating admissions
- Completes admission assessments (except for nursing components)
- Ensures compliance with legal components of admissions (voluntary/involuntary admissions, patients rights, obtaining releases of information, 5-day request for release)
- Maintains sound knowledge base of advanced directives
- Administers/scores assessment scales per protocol
- Participates in interdisciplinary clinical staffings or ensures pertinent information is provided to team
- Develops, reviews, and revises plan of care on assigned patients
- Completes required documentation as appropriate including assessment scales
- Addresses the patient's strengths, impairrments and interventions identified in the plan of care to achieve expected patient outcomes.
Therapeutic groups and individual therapies: Provides group and individual therapies for all patients as assigned in order to provide comprehensive, quality treatment.
- Facilitates individual therapy sessions, structured therapy groups and psychoeducational groups in accordance with the patient's plan of care
- Utilizes a variety of therapeutic models as appropriate to the clinical situation, but primarily has a brief therapy/cognitive behavioral therapy focus
- Ensures the milieu maintains a therapeutic environment
- Incorporates Recovery principles in all therapeutic interventions
- Documents interventions in a succinct and goal directed manner using DAIR format
- Recognizes and reports abuse/neglect situations as required by law
- Provides support, sets limits, and/or facilitates learning from the situation when providing situational 1:1 interventions
- Adheres to group rules and scheduled groups start and end on time.
- Follows group content outlines in group manual and individualizes groups to needs of current patient population
- Engages patients to participate of all patients as appropriate in community meetings
- Interacts with parents/significant others to answer programming questions, patient progress, etc
Therapeutic environment and safety focus: Assists in the creation and maintenance of a therapeutic milieu so that the unit is a safe, caring, nurturing, healing, and educative environment.
- Sets behavioral limits on patients according to unit policies, individual plan of care and behavior modification plans
- De-escalates patients utilizing CPI techniques
- Participates in application of seclusion/restraints when appropriate; provides monitoring of patients in such situation; completes appropriate documentation, including restriction of rights forms
- Provides supportive care to patients and families.
- Conducts safety rounds
- Assists patients in conflict resolution
- Role models stress management
- Ensures patient safety of unit by following policies/procedures and adhering to unit protocols and national patient safety goals
Performance improvement focus: Assists in Performance Improvement activities on unit.
- Actively promotes and achieves customer satisfaction ( patient, family, departments and physicians)
- Generates ideas for improving processes, treatment, and patient care
- Participates in Root Cause Analyses and assists in development of action plans and implementation of action plans
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Precepts new employees
- Follows through on assignments generated by Nurse Manager or unit committees
- Volunteers for assignments which are designed to affect needed changes.
Bachelor's Degree in the field(s) of psychology, social work or related field required.
1-3 years of experience in/with mental health field preferred.