The Application Administrator/Release Coordinator is responsible for helping configure, validate and implement systems solutions that increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Provides recommended changes to business ideas and processes which improve efficiency and provide a competitive advantage to the Pearl Companies business. Assist with the administration and management of systems releases into system environments and assist with troubleshooting issues and managing system level documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the IT configuration expert for assigned systems including but not limited to system configuration including workflows, configuration design, configuration subject matter expert for programmers, Business Systems team and business users, and establish system configuration standards and documentation.
- Serve as the IT forms expert for assigned systems including but not limited to requirements, design, development, configuration, and validation of system generated forms.
- Work with Enterprise Systems Management and business stakeholders with the production implementation of configuration and forms enhancements.
- Assist with systems security for assigned systems as directed by Enterprise Systems Management.
- Assist with overall system validation during Unit and Integration testing phases.
- Write and maintain system documentation as directed by Enterprise Systems Management.
- Work assigned Enterprise Systems support queues involving configuration and forms requests or issues as well as other assignments as directed by Enterprise Systems Management. Be able to troubleshoot issues utilizing systems and technical skills (i.e. SQL queries).
- Mentor and provide technical expertise to other Enterprise System staff, Business Systems staff and business users as directed by assigned Enterprise Systems Solutions Management.
- Monitor system generated logs and error reports.
- Proactively work with Enterprise Systems Management to create system enhancements that improve system reliability and performance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field; IT service desk management, third party systems support, business analysis, and project management experience; 3+ years' experience writing SQL and advance knowledge of Excel; working knowledge of Team Foundation Server; knowledge of and experience with common software development methodologies, such as Agile or Waterfall; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interface with both technical and business team members at all levels within an organization.
- Knowledge of and experience working in software development projects.
- Experience supporting and maintaining enterprise level software.
- Experience working in and managing IT service desk queues.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with SQL Server/SMSS or equivalent RDBMS.
- Experience with .Net a plus.
- Experience with Crystal Reports a plus.