Trilogy® at Vistancia®: Golf Shop & V's Taproom
Trilogy at Vistancia is comprised of three feature club experiences, the golf club, the original community centerpiece, Kiva Club, and the recently introduced Mita Club. The golf course, the feature restaurant, V's Taproom, the full-service Alvea Spa, and the events & weddings venue are all available to the public.
Where: Peoria, 40 minutes west of Scottsdale & Northwest of downtown Phoenix, Arizona
The Operator 1 is an entry-level position on the Golf Course Maintenance Team, responsible for grooming the golf course. This position reports to the Assistant Superintendent, but also takes direction from the Superintendent, First Assistant Superintendent, Second Assistant Superintendent, and Crew Foreman.
- Responsible for bunker raking, green and tee mowing, and various types of hand mowing.
- Follow directions and perform tasks given under the supervision of the Foreman and Superintendents; willingness to be coached to increase knowledge within the position.
- Work in a safe manner and use all personal protective equipment (safety gear) assigned.
- Be aware of safety requirements and report unsafe conditions or accidents to supervisor.
- Communicate daily with supervisors to report challenges about work tasks, concerns about the golf course, or maintenance suggestions to improve efficiency.
- Perform daily vehicle refueling and reloading of materials.
- Clean and maintain all equipment daily and report equipment issues to mechanic or supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Golf maintenance experience, or other similar field, preferred.
- Document knowledge of maintenance experience with references and work history.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Demonstrate an understanding of proper bunker maintenance, landscape trimming standards, and general entry-level golf course maintenance preparation work with direct supervision.
- Demonstrate a growing knowledge of proper equipment operation, including clean up.
- Demonstrate ability to operate landscape maintenance tools, such as mechanical rakes, reel and rotary walk mowers, hover mower, hedge trimmers, line trimmers, hand and turbine blowers, weed eaters, hand rakes and mechanical bunker rakes, and other hand tools (loppers, pruners, rakes, shovels, etc.).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, plans, labels, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and regulatory documents.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.Contribute to a productive work environment by maintaining a good attitude with coworkers and the public.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility for tasks, actions, and decisions; ability to make good decisions based on sound judgement.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekend.
- Valid driver's license may be required to operate some vehicles.
This position works in an outdoor environment.
- There may be frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions.
- Outdoor environments may require walking while carrying equipment or driving a vehicle on variable terrain and navigating typical golf course obstacles, including, but not limited to, water, plants and the natural landscape. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, and falls.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to Arizona desert wildlife such as snakes, scorpions, spiders, bobcats, javelinas, etc.
- There may be occasional exposure to precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can vary depending on the equipment or machines used.
- Employees are required to wear all assigned personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position may be very active and may require standing and walking for the duration of a shift, sitting and driving, lifting, pushing, digging, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing, using hands to fingers, touching and holding, and reaching with hands and arms; regularly required to speak and hear.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER