Position Title: Campus Security
Term of Employment: 9 Months
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: The person monitors high school ground areas at a school site for unusual activity and reports any concerns and/or misconduct to the school administration. The job requires a person who can use tact and diplomacy with both students and adults. The person may be required to perform custodial duties as assigned. In addition, the person maintains security at various athletic events as part of the performance of job duties.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists the high school administration in maintaining appropriate student conduct by monitoring high school buildings and grounds during the day.
- Reports incidents of concern and/or misconduct to the school administration.
- Checks student passes, parking areas, and restrooms for violations of school policies and regulations.
- May perform custodial duties as assigned, such as: cleaning offices and classrooms, emptying trash, and vacuuming
- May maintain security at various athletic events and other school activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate with students in a positive, yet firm manner.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities, including lifting heavy objects up to 50 lbs., may also assist the custodial staff in other projects as needed.
- Ability to read, write, and speak effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with school staff, students and public
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED, and 2 years work experience, preferably with high school-age students, OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver's license and a good driving record.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications