The Medical Assistant assists with patient care management, executes administrative and clinical procedures. The Medical Assistant position provides exceptional medical care that meets each patient's physical, mental, and emotional needs. Provide administrative/clinical assistance to physicians/mid-level practitioners/nurses/patients while adhering to a prescribed treatment plan in accordance with established policies and procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree; Successful completion of an accredited medical assisting program or Graduation from a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces required
- One year out of the last three years medical assistant experience is required in lieu of medical assistant program or military training program
- Must be certified/registered by day of hire or transfer with one of the following: American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certified or American Medical Technologist (AMT) Registered with an Active Membership or NCMA National Certified Medical Assistant (NCCT) or National Health Career Association (NHA) or National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP- NRCMA) certification
- BLS through American Heart Association is required within 30 days of employment/transferKnowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical law, medical ethics, human relations and patient education.
- Skills and ability in administrative and clinical medical assisting.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through written and/or verbal communication.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform EKGs and obtain accurate blood pressure readings.