Bergeys Inc. is a family owned business that has been servicing our customers needs since 1924. Currently our company has over 30 locations and more than 1,000 employees. Today our family of automobile, truck and tire companies stretch into Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia. Visit us at www.bergeys.com to learn more about our company.
We strive to provide an environment for our associates and customers that is welcoming, transparent and forward thinking. Our employees are our greatest asset. We promote and develop individual strengths, as well as, grow our employees personally and professionally. Together we can make a difference.
Strives to return a satisfactory profit on dealer capital invested in parts inventory. Accomplishes objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying and advertising.
Location: Bergey's Truck Center, Pennsauken NJ
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels and monitors the performance of all parts department staff.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the parts department.
- Maintains a balanced inventory consistent with the requirements of the service department, body shop, wholesale accounts and the do-it-yourself public.
- Establishes pricing parameters in each customer category that generate sufficient gross profit to produce a satisfactory profit while maintaining customer loyalty.
- Establishes individual parts inventory levels and balances them for maximum turnover.
- Monitors and adjusts inventory to minimize obsolescence.
- Ensures that all parts are properly tagged so that the dealership recovers full credit from the factory.
- Supervises stock order procedures.
- Analyzes sales, expenses and inventory monthly to maintain profit goals.
- Develops and administers an aggressive wholesale parts program to produce profit.
- Ensures that the same high-quality level of service provided to outside customers is also provided to internal dealership customers.
- Works with the service manager and body shop manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Holds weekly department meetings.
- Analyzes departmental operations and storage layout and revises as needed for maximum effectiveness.
- Provides technical assistance to parts department employees.
- Monitors parts department employees' payroll records.
- Coordinates a prompt, efficient and timely flow of paperwork.
- Directs shipping and receiving efforts to ensure timely processing.
- Monitors daily reports such as DOE, DOC and sales productivity.
- Develops and utilizes a lost sales tracking report.
- Directs outside parts and counter sales efforts, including a telemarketing program to keep in contact with customers.
- Takes advantage of all manufacturers' inventory co-op advertising.
- Develops, enforces and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership's guidelines.
- Ensures that all dealership purchases are properly accounted for before payment is made.
- Assists in the collection of past-due accounts.
- Supervises custodians to ensure that work area is kept clean.
- Enforces safety requirements, including but not limited to forklift training and operation, processing of MSDS sheets on all products carried and OSHA Right-to-Know.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of Parts Management experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to train and influence others
- Successful completion of pre-employment background checks and drug testing
We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K with profit sharing, paid holidays and vacation time!