Do you know Techo-Bloc's precious stones?
Design aficionados at heart, we believe in style with substance making R&D both a core competency and a passionate pursuit. To that end, we build production facilities of the highest caliber and equip them with the latest technology including our own inventions. We ensure the landscape and masonry products we design and produce are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful.
With 8 manufacturing facilities, 30 international patents and over 600 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. Through exceptional product quality, innovation and a thorough understanding of our clients' businesses, we have developed a true passion for helping our partners succeed. As we continue to expand, our team members are always offered opportunities to hone their skills, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 2:00PM - 11:30PM
Inspects and tests materials and products, for conformance to specifications by performing the duties described herein.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect products using gauges and vision.
- Select products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance and mechanical characteristics.
- Operates any diagnostic equipment needed to perform job.
- Generate spreadsheets for data collection.
- Test incoming raw materials.
- Establishes and maintains a system to inspect all custom and standard finished goods.
- Completes quality examinations by applying knowledge of proper company standards and applicable sampling criteria.
- Inspects finished products by paying attention to height, shape, color and consistency with the use of comparison samples and visual inspections.
- Communicates results of inspections and testing to the supervisor and production personnel daily.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 years of experience in Quality Control function in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ERP system
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to read and interpret metal rules.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and push or pull up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and climb or balance.
- A competitive salary with wage progression;
- Full time schedule with the possibility of over time;
- Complete group insurance after 60 days of service;
- On-the-job and health and safety training;
- Team spirit and dynamism at work;
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.