MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare's Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
Works in Food Service Department under direct supervision of Food Service Directorand Lead Cook; works with different diets and has knowledge of tray lineservice; has direct resident contact when serving meals; prepares desserts,beverages, nourishment and prepares special activity events, as scheduled. Mustbe knowledgeable of quality improvement, infection control and have the abilityto work well with people. Knowledgeable about portion control, servingtechniques and policies and procedures of department
- Operates dish machine and various food service equipment.
- Assist with tray line assembly and restorative dining programs.
- Food preparation as assigned.
- Cleans dish machine area and clean and de-lime dish machine.
- Stores clean equipment and utensils.
- Assists in maintaining preparation and service area in sanitary condition.
- Helps to put away stock.
- Sets up dietary tray cards.
- Delivers food carts to resident meal service location areas.
- Empties garbage in dumpster and sanitize garbage cans.
- Maintains effective communication with residents, families and facility staff.
- Must adhere to strict guidelines for serving times.
- Must adhere to sanitation control issues as described in policy and procedure manual. CCP (Critical Control Point)
- Able to communicate and follow instructions.
- Food service experience is preferred.
- Long term care experience preferred.
- Must be qualified in accordance with state specific dietary and nursing home requirements (such as certifications, etc.)
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.