Requisition Number: RETAI01286
Granite City Electric Supply is the area's premiere electrical distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential, commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With 27 branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent electrical supply company and the official distributor of electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
In addition to standard benefits, Granite City Electric offers a company 401K match and profit sharing, competitive health benefits with telehealth, up to $450 in health & wellness reimbursement, employee assistance program and referral incentives. Select positions offer sign on and tenure bonuses.
Granite City Electric is looking to hire a customer service-oriented Showroom Salesperson for our Pawtucket, RI location! The Showroom Salesperson must be goal-oriented, motivated, and familiar with lighting and decorative trends as well as embrace GCE standards and procedures. Pay for this position starts at an hourly rate of $18.00 plus commission, with an additional $1,500.00 sign on bonus paid in increments upon completion of 30/90/120 days.
- Ensure that each Customer receives outstanding Customer Service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Familiarity with and continue to learn new lighting & home fashion trends; utilize lighting knowledge to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise in showroom to promote sales.
- Compliance with all GCE policies and procedures.
- Available to work varied hours/days to meet our retail operation requirements (evenings & weekends).
- Responsible for general upkeep, cleanliness and appearance of our facilities.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new computer software.
- Embrace GCE core “care“ values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Respect and apply to each business interaction; internal and external.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through Eclipse computer system.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and willingness to change and adjust with business conditions.
- Occasionally may be asked to work at another GCE Showroom location.
- Coach-able & actively participates in coaching process.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school Diploma.
- Prior lighting/retail sales experience preferred.
- ALA Certification is preferred.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Granite City offers competitive wages, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.