REPORTS TO: As Assigned
SUPERVISES: Does not supervise
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH CARPENTERY, HVAC, ELECTRICIAN, AND PLUMBING
SUMMARY: Plan and prepare production schedules for business unit or organization. Create cost estimates for labor and materials.. Prepare time and labor projections for work schedules and projects.
- Review data to determine material and labor requirements; and prepare itemized lists.
- Prepare resource estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, selecting vendors or subcontractors and determining cost effectiveness.
- Consult with clients, vendors or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Translate orders into a sequential work schedule: Draw up work schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion dates according to forecasts or customer requirements.
- Analyzes work schedule and resource requirements for priority schedule changes.
- Plan and schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established production sequences and lead times.
- Review and adapt sequence of operations for Preventative Maintenance.
- Confer with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedite operations that may delay schedules and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepare production reports.
- Prepare lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
- Prepare purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
- Support Proposal Development Groups in RFP reviews, pre-solicitation site visits, proposal outline development, and proposal development.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience in The crafts such as carpentry, HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing
Associate degree with major related to job duties, or a combination of education and directly related experience
Four years combination of planning, scheduling and/or cost estimating, government contractor; construction scheduling
Recent and experience, especially in government contracting.
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and execute medium to large size projects at the tactical and strategic level
Effective analytical, verbal and written communication skills
Intermediate skill with WORD, ACCESS and EXCEL, and additional scheduling tools