Drafter - Outside Cable Plant - 2683
Ready to launch your career? RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
Position assigned to Cape Canaveral Space Force Base, FL.
This position is not eligible for Telecommuting.
- Prepare electronic or mechanical drawings using AutoCAD and other office software
- Prepare layouts and similar functions incidental to design work for use by others
- Incorporate and/or delegate revisions to drawings from engineering change documents
- Check and verify drawings for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to drawing requirements, other Military and Industry drafting standards
- Provide drawing package guidance to Engineering, Government, and other support organizations
- Actively participate in the creation of Drawing standards, Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
- Perform related duties as required
- Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Strong organizational, analytic, and interpersonal skills
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers, superiors, and peers
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a diverse, team-oriented environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Drafting preferred
- Zero to two years’ experience in related field; two years’ related experience is preferred
- Academic knowledge of conventional electronic, electromechanical, mechanical, and/or architectural drafting techniques
- General familiarity with materials, components, assemblies, computer, and peripheral Outside and Inside Cable Plant design, preferred
- Working knowledge of standard office software and AutoCAD preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- May require occasional local travel
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements
- Must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus, which means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine. Requests for medical or religious accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Salary determined by Collective Bargaining Agreement
What We Offer
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base fitness centers, golf courses, pools, bowling Alleys, beach access and restaurants.
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program participation available, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
- Tuition reimbursement programs.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.