Senior Asset Liability Management Analyst
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Senior ALM Analyst. The Senior ALM Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support for the Bank’s asset and liability management functions to measure and analyze interest rate risks, such as net interest income (NII), economic value of equity (EVE), balance sheet gaps, sensitivity analysis, and stress testing analysis, etc. The candidate will also assist in liquidity pricing as well as funds transfer pricing across the Company. The candidate will be working closely with the development and maintenance related to various deposit and loan behavioral models so as to accurately estimate the Company’s interest rate risk.
- Assist in managing and monitoring the Company's interest rate risk profile. Manage the interest rate risk model platform, focusing on monthly and quarterly production. Assist with development of overall ALM strategy, as well as liquidity planning. Help develop and manage quantitative models to forecast balance sheet and income statement items.
- Assist in designing and maintaining the ALM model framework. Assist in managing new model development and implementation, ongoing model calibration, model validation and documentation. Proactively resolve potential analytical ALM issues, with escalation as appropriate.
- Responsible for assembling, compiling, and analyzing information, and resolving errors and inconsistencies in data from data systems. Validate data input, assumptions, results of forecast, and work in collaboration with business groups to ensure the accuracy of data. Design queries and manipulate large volumes of data to create reporting to identify and interpreting business trends. Compile and analyze data in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement and manage holistic strategies for modeling including model design, development, validation, calibration, documentation, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Analyze customer behaviors, and refine customer behavior models for loan prepayments, deposit betas and deposit decay. Provide financial, analytical, and modeling expertise to build, run, and improve financial models.
- Identify process improvements within analytics, challenging existing processes where needed and developing an overall conceptually sound model. Maintain, validate, and document the assumptions and models used.
- Support liquidity management, stress testing analysis and other risk surveillance analysis
- Work closely with internal departments to develop, prepare, reconcile, and modify recurring and ad-hoc financial reports and management reports. Documentation includes but not limited to financial reporting, regulatory reporting, internal and external audit activities, and ALCO reports.
- Perform all other job duties, and research and analysis assignments as needed and directed.
- At least 3 years of relevant ALM experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and an advanced degree is a strong plus, preferably in Economics, Finance, Statistics, and Mathematics.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills a must. Enthusiastic about solving large, complicated problems and challenges.
- Strong understanding of different financial products and financial modelling techniques
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Experience with SQL is strongly preferred
- Experience with ALM software is preferred (Empyrean, QRM and/or Bancware)
- Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Ability to meet tight timelines and prioritize workloads
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.