Manager of SEC Reporting
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Manager of SEC Reporting. The Manager of SEC Reporting is an Integral part of SEC and Accounting Policy team. Responsible for the review of SEC filings and internal reports. Analyze SEC/GAAP and regulatory guidance.
• Prepare and review of all public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings).
• Work with the investor relations function on the preparation and review of quarterly
• Assist in the ongoing monitoring and interpretation of new SEC/GAAP, Regulatory
pronouncements, prepare position papers on the impact to the company and implement
the accounting treatments.
• Independently research, direct and implement any accounting related implementation
projects with business units. Coordinate and engage with business units as needed, and
updates policy and procedural documentation.
• Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other
departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both internal reporting
package and external filings, and to ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the
• Undertake process improvements within the financial reporting group and work with
departments such as Data Management and Integration, Loan Operations, Treasury and
Legal to continuously improve the process flow and ensure data completeness and
accuracy, and ensure proper documentation of processes and recommend correction
• Review/prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the
monthly Board package.
• Communicate with external and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters
• Review the detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial
statements and footnotes.
• Provide direct support on various special projects.
• Manage, mentor and provide support to staff to develop competencies Plans, monitor work allocations, staffing levels to ensure proper utilization of labor. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Leads by example and models behavior that are consistent with team and company's values.
- At least 8-10 years of public accounting and public company SEC reporting experience
Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and XBRL Workiva system
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to reporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Banking experience highly preferred
- Must be team-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline oriented
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to execute and follow through to completion and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Management experience required
- CPA license required
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and at least 8-10 years public accounting and/or SEC financial reporting experience.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.