For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking an ERM Risk Specialist within the Enterprise Risk Management department. This role will assist with designing and conducting effective entity-wide risk assessments to identify gaps in the control environment, anticipate potential future gaps with changing business environments, maintain the Bank’s policy and Committee charter framework, monitor KRIs, coordinate and prepare Board reporting, responsible for Issues Management of the Bank, responsible for the policies and procedures of the department, and further develop additional entity-wide risk management processes and assist in facilitating the implementation and monitoring of such processes. This role may require ongoing communications with individuals throughout the institution regarding risk practices and emerging risks in various business units. This role may also act as a consultative resource to the first and second lines of defense, put together risk presentations or informational reports for business unit leaders, executive management and the Board of Directors, and help create entity-wide policies related to risk management and risk governance.
- Performing risk assessments on different business units, as well as assisting business units in performing self-assessments and self-testing
- Performing walkthroughs and examining documents to ensure business unit controls are well designed in addressing the inherent risks within their function
- Challenging business units as to the adequacy of their control environment (in terms of adding controls or streamlining and reducing redundant controls)
- Working with business lines and support teams in development of action plans to remediate any heightened risk resulting from ERM risk assessments and identify opportunities to improve internal controls
- Offering business unit constructive feedback in guiding the developing of policies and control processes for managing risk exposures
- Responsible for the Issues Management policy and program of the Bank
- Monitoring the regulatory landscape to help the Bank anticipate regulatory risk
- Helping create entity-wide and department specific policies and procedures as new risk regulations are promulgated or as the business environment changes
- Assist with managing the Bank-wide policy framework
- Assist with the Committee Charter Governance of the Bank
- Helping set the Risk Oversight Committee (ROC) agenda and facilitate the compilation of the ROC package
- Helping set the Risk Council agenda and facilitate the compilation of the Rick Council package
- Compiling and monitoring key risk indicators, assessing the need for new indicators depending on the change in the entity’s business or processes
- Promulgating Bank-wide risk management policies
- Preparing presentations for various executive management or Board of Directors’ risk committees.
- Preparing ad-hoc risk management reports as assigned
- Helping perform comprehensive and well thought-out quantitative analyses and justifying the results and ERM’s conclusion in a logical manner
- Keeping up-to-date with the industry best practices and new regulations
- Assisting in model and risk management governance and administration
- Performing other duties and special projects as assigned.
- More than 8 years of work experience in risk management, Internal Audit, External Audit, or risk management consulting
- A understanding of finance/ accounting/business operations, either through educational degree or work experience
- A working knowledge of MS Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PPT)
- Ability to understand sound risk/reward decisions
- Ability to consciously balance data, logic and intuition in all activities
- Ability to think broadly, generate simple and creative ideas, and to translate strategy to execution
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and presentation skills
- Collaborative team player and demonstrated ability to be flexible and easily shift among various tasks and projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables and be able to identify and implement process improvements.
- Self- motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as a team
- Prior experience in risk analysis of financial services companies is a plus
- Knowledge of credit, liquidity, market, and capital risks is a plus.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.