For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst works with banking data and business units to propose, design, and deliver business solutions. The data analyst will collect and analyze data wherever it resides, including in spreadsheets, files, databases, and APIs. The data analyst will create reports, dashboards, and other visualizations and they will develop applications that collect data from users to enrich enterprise data sets to improve their completeness and accuracy.
- Deliver Data-Oriented solutions to the enterprise.
- Maintain and extend existing solutions that manage data. These systems are written in T-SQL, .NET, Python and R.
- Maintain functional and technical artifacts including design documents, data mappings, architecture, data models, and dictionaries.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Business Management.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science or relevant.
- Strong computing skills with at least one of the following: .NET C#, Java, Python, R, T-SQL with a strong interest to learn.
- Quantitative, analytical, process oriented and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Analytical and problem solving skills including troubleshooting.
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Self-driven to identify areas of improvement.
- Must be team-oriented with experience working on interdepartmental team projects.
- Extract and collect large data sets from various sources and formats
- Interpret and analyze results from data extractions to identifying patterns and trends
- Evaluate internal controls and identify deficiencies through the testing of data source, systems, and processes
- Define new data collection and analysis processes
- Create reports, processes and tools to monitor key risk indicators for business units across the organization.
- Test and validate that key assumptions, data sources, and procedures utilized in measuring and monitoring risk and internal controls can be relied upon on an ongoing basis; and, in the case of transaction testing, to assess that controls are working as intended.
- Test adherence with Bank’s policies and controls, as well as regulatory requirements
- Maintain an understanding of business operations, operational risks and regulatory requirements
- Anticipate changes in the internal and external environment and adapt the testing program accordingly
- Assuring the integrity of data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis
- Provides recommendations to streamline tasks and create a more efficient working environment
- Report results back to management and relevant team members
- Product knowledge in
- Banking operations
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.