Envision Healthcare Parsippany, NJ
The Payroll Lead position is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service by processing provider payrolls.
- College degree preferred, High School Diploma required.
- 3 years previous payroll experience preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to focus on details, ensure appropriate follow-up occurs.
- Ability to prioritize work utilizing appropriate sense of urgency and multi-task.
- Strong computer skills a must, including knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in rapidly changing healthcare environment.
- Manages multiple complex payroll processes, which includes gathering the required information, performing the calculations, data entry into the payroll systems and approval routing to the supervisor.
- Reviews and audits payroll transaction to insure compliance with established payroll processes, accuracy of transactions to eliminate over/under payments, and all deadlines are met. Submits payroll ledger to Manager for review before processing and review errors/oversights as needed.
- Assists with internal and external questions and concerns pertaining to policies and procedures. Provides employees with guidance in handling challenging or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Monitors and assures compliance between corporate policy and current IRS regulations. Reviews processes, identifies and recommends ways to improve efficiency and reduce errors.
- Works with Payroll Manager to insure proper processing and reporting of Payroll information and assists on special projects. Acts as a department liaison for payroll and all related functions to support the departmental goals. Works cooperatively with other departments to ensure accurate payroll processing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.