Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansion plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
About the Role:
Ferrero USA, a leading global confectionery manufacturer with a strong track record of innovations and a great reputation for the quality of its products, is looking for an Associate Test Market Manager.
The Associate Test Market Manager will have the opportunity to be a key team player in the testing of new and existing brand product initiatives that influence major decisions in key investments for continuing company growth. Responsibilities include development and implementation of market test execution, promotional strategies, research, results analysis, competitive assessments, market opportunity analysis and overseeing external agencies.
While previous experience in test marketing is not a prerequisite, a strong understanding of the US marketplace dynamics and trade channel retailers is a plus. Trade marketing and Category management is a plus. Project management, time management skills, the ability to prioritize and attention to details are essential in managing multiple projects and delivering against scheduled timelines.
This position is based in the Parsippany, NJ office and reports to the Senior Market Test Manager.
- Develop market test plans in order to develop entry strategies for new and existing products through market and shopper research
- Prepare, monitor and oversee the execution of the market test according to the market test design
- Manage the collaboration with internal operations as sales planning, supply chain to source product and inventory
- Ensure execution of shopper marketing programs associated with test
- Maintain full understanding of brand initiatives and competitive environment to assess impact on products
- Analyze, interpret and report qualitative and quantitative test results to assist in formulating recommendations and learning to share with key stakeholders
- Cross functionally engage (nationally and internationally) with marketing, trade marketing, sales, R&D, global categories to assist in the planning and execution of initiatives
- Manage relations with third party vendors (i.e. graphic design agencies, research agencies, etc.), obtaining required output while minimizing costs
- Manage relationships with internal and external key stakeholders (i.e. national and key account managers, key account retail personnel (category buyers, etc.))
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing or Business
- 3 years
• experience in one or more of the following areas: trade marketing, sales operations, supply chain, sales planning and project management
- Strong analytical skills upon which to base decision-making
- Strong project management skills and comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with IRI and SAP is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative quick thinker and problem solver with ability to adapt to changing environment
- Strong Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with the necessary internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated and exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to learn
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Foreign language (Italian) knowledge is a plus
- Occasional travel required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you'll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark