POSITION: Assistant Project Manager - Environmental
LOCATION: Parsippany, NJ
Company is seeking an Assistant Project Manager - Environmental, with 5 to 15 years of environmental consulting experience and as an assistant project manager or similar level.
- Ensures client satisfaction by developing personal relationships with clients and credibility by meeting commitments and being responsive
- Effectively communicates with clients and meets face-to-face as often as possible
- Manages projects within budget and schedule constraints
- Directs project teams to complete project through delegation and maintains overall accountability
- Drives execution by setting clear expectations of budgets and schedules
- Identifies follow-up opportunities from existing clients
- Takes the lead in preparing proposals for this work, including scope of design, budget planning, etc.
- Demonstrates proficiency in communication, including verbal and written skills, and organization
- Ensures that written work products are technically and grammatically correct, properly formatted, and require minimal review and verbal communication is clear and concise
- Meets minimum billability standards
- Maximizes project profitability through proper budgeting, staff assignment, time management, etc.
- Project AR/AP responsibility, including review of subcontractor and invoices
- Ensures that Project Team adheres to Project requirements, health and safety requirements, follows field procedures and SOP's
- Adheres to contracting and financial risk management as well as scope/budget and pursues approval for additional cost incurred
- Mandatory attendance and participation in Manager’s meeting
- Develops staff including job training and coaching
- Ensures that work is adequately delegated and feedback to staff performing the task is provided
- Engages in coaching and developing others, relates to people in open, friendly manner and respects others
- Follows SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), policies, and proper documentation
- Establishes IMP (Individual Marketing Plan) and meets sales goals
- Meets (or is in the process of acquiring) Educational Credits for next position
- Completes required Educational Credits as defined by Company and supervisor
- Attends all Company and group meetings, as well as mandatory training/seminars provided by Company
- Mentors/Trains Staff (Staff Professional I, II; Senior Staff Professional I, II; Project Engineer I, II; Project Professional I, II; Senior Professional II)
- Attends internal/external training opportunity or other professional development opportunity (person specific) and present to staff. Presents one in-house training seminar
- Prepares in-house training seminar to internal staff
- Maintains membership in Professional Organization(s) and actively participates
- Maintains professional license/certification in selected field, including meeting continuing education obligation requirements
- Attends/participates in Company business/strategic planning
- Creates and implements detailed (IMP) business development/client services plan to maintain and grow existing client base
- Bachelor’s degree
- Licensed NJ Environmental Professional preferred
- 5 to 15 years of experience in environmental consulting with at least 2 years of supervisory experience on projects
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For immediate consideration, please send us your current and most up-to-date resume.