Operator- Pennsboro, WV
Veolia North America Parkersburg, WV
Antero Clear Water Project
Reports To: (Title)
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, operates and maintains the facilities of the water system; inspects and performs repair work on water facilities and equipment; monitors and maintains equipment, and keeps various records pertaining to water system operations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / JOB DUTIES
Responsibilities include: operate and maintain a chemical recycling plant, load and unload liquid tanker trucks, sample and analyze material, make adjustments to system based on analytical results through computer operating system, fill and empty recessed filter press, maintain pumps, valves, piping, compressors, filter press, motors, mixers, and all other equipment, as well as, care for and maintain building and grounds. Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, work in both hot and cold conditions wearing personal protective equipment. Job requires working 12 hour rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
• Must have strong mechanical and troubleshooting abilities, basic computer skills and the ability to work safely and independently. Some knowledge of basic chemistry is preferred. Driver’s license, GED or High School Diploma is required
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The Ability to effectively manage time and lead a team of subordinates.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.