KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 25,800 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
DESIGN SUPERVISOR – PIPING/MECHANICAL
Under broad direction, supervises and leads a group of engineers. Provides technical direction over a group and is responsible for employee performance appraisals and for coaching and developing lower level professionals. Plans, budgets, organizes, and controls an important segment of a very extensive and highly diversified engineering program or an entire engineering program of moderate scope. Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget.
- Responsible for design, specification and services related to piping systems and piping layout including piping material selection, piping material line classes, standard and specialty piping components, pressure, weight and thermal analysis of piping systems, vibration analysis and piping support systems.
- Work with the Site Team Lead to review project staffing and work with other department design chiefs on resource sharing
- Assist in conducting Piping/Mechanical reviews of all project packages prior to RFC to ensure that quality procedures were followed
- Assists with employee performance appraisals and provides coaching and development of lower level professionals.
- Provide assistance to the Site Team Lead in the creation of department quality procedures and implementation of those procedures
- Review all project design estimates and work scopes for each new project
- Assist the Site Team Lead with weekly project team leads meetings to discuss project issues such as budget, schedule, manpower, interdisciplinary issues and other related project issues
- Communicate information down to design teams for continuing improvement
- Minimum 15 years of applicable industry piping/mechanical experience within the chemical and industrial industry
- Proficiency with 3D Piping software (PDMS or PDS) & 2D Microstation or AutoCad is required.
- Experience in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) is required.
- Work is located at a chemical plant and requires exposure to ambient temperature extremes
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as fire retardant clothing, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots
- Day-to-day physical requirements involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs frequently, etc
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
- May require walking the plant property