We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we're all outsiders. And if it's outside, we're all in.
Position Purpose: Drives business results, develops talent and ensures delivery of the legendary L.L.Bean customer experience within an outdoor lifestyle concept retail store. Promotes the company's core values of Outdoor Heritage, Integrity, Service, Respect, Perseverance and Safe and Healthy Living to ensure the integrity of the brand, culture and mission of L.L.Bean is upheld at all times.
- Leverages business reports including Qualtrics, variance reporting, and merch group sales to analyze trends, understand wins and identify opportunities. Builds compelling actions to enhance customer loyalty and improve service metrics through introspective business analysis and strong acumen skills
- Develops and delivers exciting and engaging in-store activations, clinics, and demonstrations with an emphasis on the Learn, Try, Buy, Enjoy principles
- Drives ODP participation for paid programming, unpaid programming/in-store activations, community engagement events and any mobile or experiential marketing events in market through creative outreach and local marketing efforts
- Markets in-store/in-mall activations through the ODP in-store and online calendar, store's Facebook page, and chalkboards
- Acts as a Leader on Duty as scheduled
- Executes and implements all recognition programs including living the legend efforts, in store contests, etc.
Driving Sales Floor Service
- Models and fosters an environment where service is the top priority. Enthusiastically seeks opportunities to convert every customer that enters the store continually striving to drive sales and brand loyalty through great service. Rallies the rep team towards the same objective
- Reviews all forward-looking business events (holidays, promotional weekends, market trends). Develops meaningful activations and selling efforts to drive even greater sales results.
- Ensures that the sales floor is full, and all sizes are represented by performing regular size audits
- Ensures the highest level of fitting room service is occurring driving conversion and UPT
- Acts as a trainer for the guide team creating formal and informal training moments within the store leveraging company training tools and personal knowledge.
- Has a passion for learning and sharing product knowledge as a tool to build the sale and increase customer loyalty.
- Delivers GUIDE training for new hires as well as ongoing GUIDE training efforts for year-round team members in conjunction with the exempt leader team. Ensures all guides are performing at a high level and 30-day/ongoing assessments are completed
- Supports, directs, and develops store champions (buddies) and experts
- Facilitates all new hire product training modules and develops a strategy and execution plan for delivering all seasonal product training materials.
- Maintains and manages all employee facing communication including break room messaging, and communication boards. Ensures start up meeting are occurring, and that content is compelling and inspiring
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: 2-Year Associates Degree
Years of Experience: 2+
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate degree or equivalent with at least 2 plus years of retail experience in relevant retailer
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Systems knowledge (POS, Word, Excel) and comfort with social media platforms
- Capability to build strong partnerships and to work collaboratively to achieve goals
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Mobility and desire to relocate a plus
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we're all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
From coastal marsh to alpine forest, ecosystems depend on diversity to flourish. We believe the same is true in the workplace. That's why L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer, committed to sustaining our strengths by welcoming all kinds of people.