Assistant Store Manager - Canyon Mountain Sports Rental - Full Time - Winter Seasonal (Park City, UT, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Company: Park City Mountain – Canyons Village
Shift Type: Winter Seasonal
- Outlet: Legacy Sports Rentals / Park City
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
The Park City Rental Shop Assistant Store Manager position provides the fun opportunity to assist in managing a high volume rental store with different equipment that attracts a variety of clientele-bases. Assist the Store Manager in writing schedules, ensuring staff is up to date on training, maintain inventory levels, and help guests have a positive experience in each store! Enjoy perks such as a Free Epic Pass for yourself and your dependents, specific retail-team discounts, resort restaurant discounts, leadership classes, and more!
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Role model and administer company policies and guidelines
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and maintain a quality core staff
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies
- Provide training resources in POS, product knowledge, guest service, resort information, and sales
- Conduct performance appraisals for and coach development of staff on a regular basis
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Regional Manager
- Manage operational budget
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated, and possess the ability to multi-task
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of rental sales experience - preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications - required
- Ability to communicate frequently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with retail POS system - preferred
- Must be a team player and be able to handle fast paced stressful environment
- Possess the desire to offer the highest customer service standards to guests
The budgeted range starts at $25. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 456528