At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Procuring cutting edge IT products and services in a fast and efficient manner is a competitive advantage for Algolia.
The technical procurement team is responsible for procurement and delivery of the IT products and services essential to delivering the Algolia service to the end users. This includes not only procurement and vendor management but coordinating with internal stakeholders, project management, logistics, budgeting, forecasting and control.
We are looking for a procurement specialist with a strong technology focus that wants to work on end-to-end procurement projects together with multi-functional teams (infrastructure, sales, ...). Your role will be connecting and coordinating teams at Algolia with vendors and leading the procurement process until the project is live. While making sure that we procure the best possible products and services, quickly and at the best price.
You will be working in a cross-functional team collaborating closely with Legal, Finance, and various business and technical teams globally.
If you want to work on a large set of products and services, including data center hardware, networking services, software and cloud services and you want to have a direct impact on the margins of a fast growing company then we want to hear from you.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Coordinate and lead procurement projects to completion in collaboration with technical teams both in- and outside of Algolia
- Evaluation of vendors and products
- Order placement and logistics management on a global scale
- Vendor sourcing and relationship management
- Contract negotiation, management and renewals
- Invoice tracking and verification
- Stock management and forecasting
YOUR MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Understanding of IT and a drive to learn more about IT products and services
- Ability to translate technical requirements from the engineering teams to vendors and legal
- Experience in negotiating contracts
- Experience in sourcing of IT products for technology businesses
- Experience in working with end-to-end projects in delivery of IT systems
- Good understanding of data center hardware, technologies and cloud services
- Strong organizational skills
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours