At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
We want to make the implementation of Algolia as smooth and easy as possible for Shopify users. We're looking for a Software Engineer to help us fundamentally change the way developers are implementing search. Your main goal is to design, architecture & implement enhancements to our Shopify Integration. We want you to help us build a state of the art service used by millions of customers using our search engine. You'll join an existing team of 4 people who value quality, interdependence and ownership.
At Algolia, we spell Culture with a capital ‘C’. That’s why as a candidate you should value & practice transparency, take ownership, have the humility to acknowledge your weaknesses and continuously strive to grow both professionally and personally.
If you're problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to work on a project with a strong a product focus, then this is your challenge!
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Design, architecture & implement features for our customers using our Shopify Integration
- Help our users in customizing our service to fit their needs
- Partner with the other teams to provide a unique on-boarding and support experience
- Build clean, reusable and scalable code or libraries
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Great oral and written communication in English
- Will to share ownership of the project and its code with all members
- Experience with Git
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with developing for Shopify
- Experience with working in a very fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Experience with working in an open-source environment
- Experience of AWS or another cloud service provider
- Experience of working on architecture with thousands of customers
- Experience with regular customer interaction
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Regular meals & happy hours