Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What is the job ?
The role will involve research, collection, structuring and analysis of data. You will help on the development of new products by actively testing new features and aggregating all relevant datasets to feed the algorithms and backtest the results of Kpler proprietary model. As soon as the new product is launched, you will help the team with daily operational checks to ensure best accuracy and reliability of the service and suggest the next algos improvements.
The above product development will involve:
• operational monitoring : daily process to ensure storage data service quality , image capture checks and abnormal day to day change detection;
• new sites additions : management of the new sites addition process back to back from mapping to testing;
• adhoc support for the team including backtest slides preparation , benchmarking and else.
It could be the perfect fit if...
• you are graduating from an Engineering school, business school or any equivalent Masters and looking for a 6-month internship
• you have a strong interest in the energy market
• you have experience working with large, disparate and/or unstructured data sets (advanced Excel skills would be a plus)
• you have an excellent analytical ability, at ease with working with databases, ability to highlight trends and use complex data to support decisions
• you are a team player, quick learner, and able to work with short deadlines across different tasks.
• you are native or bilingual in English (mandatory)
But you REALLY need to join us because...
• We offer the best product in the market and are effectively disrupting our market
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means we never run out of new clients!
• We are still small enough that you can truly join a rocket ship and shape your career!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we come from more than 20 countries and speak more than 15 languages. This also means, we close large global deals !