Role and Responsibilities:
Fairway Market wants to ensure that all of our customers are receiving the best shopping experience each time they walk into our store. The Overnight Grocery Clerk is an integral part of the Fairway Market experience. As a Grocery Clerk, you will be providing exceptional customer service while stocking and replenishing a wide variety of products. The following are role and responsibilities of the Grocery Clerk position:
- Properly receive and breakdown orders of products, assuring freshness, quality standards, and superior quality is met.
- Pack out products and maintain product quality and freshness
- Ensure product levels are sustained throughout the day to help maximize profitability and minimize shrink
- Build visually attractive displays, rotate and replenish stock as needed, and maintain accurate department signage and pricing
- Familiarize self with different organic grocery items and health trends to better assist customers
- Provide customers with help in finding items that meet their need.
- Operate relevant equipment in a safe and productive manner
- Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide G.R.E.A.T. customer service that encourage customer loyalty and add value to the Fairway brand
- Work collaboratively with fellow employees and managers and recognize teamwork and diversity throughout the store to resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a strong time and attendance record to ensure the smooth flow of departmental operations
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by practicing high standards of food and human safety and sanitation techniques provided by Fairway work rules and policies and Health Department Regulations
- Replenish department supplies frequently to ensure efficiency of workflow and employee job tasks
- Adhere to all department-related and company-related work rules and policies while upholding Fairway's core values of integrity, respect and excellence
- Perform miscellaneous roles assigned by management that would help the team on an as-needed basis
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning and supply feedback to management to help improve operations. Attend all required trainings.
Requirements Candidates who apply for the Overnight Grocery Clerk position must possess the following skills:
- Good working knowledge of food quality, hygiene and sanitation
- Strong Customer Service skills and ability to interact with other people and participate actively in department and staff meetings
- Strong teamwork and diversity awareness and ability to recognize and welcome differences among people and resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner
- Organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize requests and department activities
Skills and Qualifications (continued):
- Problem-solving skills to effectively assist customers in a wide range of different interactions
- Meet physical demands required for the position
- Effective communication skills and ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, and other prime times of the business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in the department
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Continuous interaction with customers and coworkers in a fast-paced work environment
- Exposure to various food allergens throughout the store
- Frequent motions such as standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, lifting, and reaching
- Lifting up to 50lbs. and pushing and pulling carts up to 100lbs.
- Standing and walking for 4-6 hours at a time
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Copyright © 1940-2014 Fairway Market Site Index
- Our Departments
- Weekly Flyers
- Our Blog
- Our Mobile App
- Shop Online
- About Us
- Investor Relations
- Need Help?
- Terms & Conditions
- Career Opportunities
- Green Commitment
- In The Community
- Contact Us
- Google Plus