Job Title: Operator Class 2 Steel Location Kennett, Paragould, Marmaduke Department Job Code: Reports To: Group Leader - Production # Employees Supervised: N/A FSLA Status: Non-Exempt Job Summary & Essential Functions: Operates advanced or more sophisticated equipment in steel shop to produce railcar parts and sub-assemblies, operates machinery to move railcar parts and sub-assemblies, operates forklift and overhead cranes to move material, and guides Operator Class 1.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Operates advanced and more sophisticated equipment in steel shop to produce railcar parts and sub-assemblies.
• Operates machinery to move railcar parts and sub-assemblies through the steel shop.
• Operates forklift and overhead cranes to move material into position to produce railcar parts and sub-assemblies.
• Ensures that equipment is maintained and operating properly before beginning work.
• Guides Operators Class 1, as needed, in various production activities.
• Ensures that safety and housekeeping standards are met and maintained.
• Performs other duties as directed by the Production Group Leader. Required Experience / Education / Training / Certifications: Prefer a high school education or equivalent, and at least one years' in operating various types of manufacturing equipment.
Licenses, Certifications, etc:
N/A Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
• Hard Hat
• Hearing Protection
• Composite Toe Safety Shoes
• Addition PPE per the appropriate JSA for the specific area that the Operator Class 2 - Production may be working Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary): Physical Abilities Stand-frequently Walk -- frequently Sit -- occasionally Climb -- occasionally Crawl -- occasionally Squat or kneel -- occasionally Bend -- occasionally Fine Manipulation -- N/A Reach Outward -- occasionally Reach above shoulder -- occasionally Drive - occasionally Lift / Carry 10 lbs or less -- occasionally 11 -- 20 lbs -- occasionally 21 -- 50 lbs -- occasionally 51 -- 100 lbs -- N/A Over 100 lbs -- N/A Push / Pull 10 lbs or less -- occasionally 10 -- 20 lbs -- occasionally 20 -- 50 lbs -- occasionally 51 -- 100 lbs -- N/A Over 100 lbs -- N/A N/A (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation Occasionally - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 - 2.5 hrs/day) Frequently - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day) Continuously - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day) The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled