About Irby and Sonepar USA
Irby is one of the largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. For more information, visit www.SoneparUSA.com.
Own Your Expertise, And Your Future
Do you enjoy a good challenge? Great, because we value bold thinkers who are excited to take on challenging tasks. We strive to be the best and we share our success with our associates, customers, suppliers and shareholders.
Long Haul Driver
This position will drive gasoline or diesel-powered tractor trailer combination to transport and deliver products or materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced driver with a Class A CDL License and good driving record. This person will also have experience loading/unloading their truck and ability to communicate with customers.
What you'll do:
- Makes deliveries of merchandise to customers, other Irby branch locations and/or to final destination
- Assists with the scheduling, loading and unloading of deliveries
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition
- Checks items assembled to make certain the proper items are being delivered as per the sales ticket
- Observes all safety rules and regulations, particularly the hazards encountered with driving a truck
- Understands and abides by the Federal Highway Administration Rules and Regulations for Interstate drivers where applicable
- Maintains driver log according to D.O.T. regulations
- Keeps accurate records and submits expense reports for reimbursement of expenditures as required
- Have a good working knowledge of the delivery area served
- Ability to assist Warehouse personnel with the following
- Practices proper safety measures to protect company property and personnel
- Projects a positive company image when delivering directly to our customers
What you need:
- 1+ years' Experience driving a commercial vehicle
- Commercial Driver's License Class A required
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving practices
- Basic computer system skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
WHY APPLY? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN?
A Challenging Opportunity with a Company that Cares About Its Most Valuable Asset: YOU!
- To work with an industry leader
- To use your skills and experience to grow your career; go anywhere you want nationwide, cross train into your dream job within a work culture that promotes and encourages associates to learn new roles and be recognized and rewarded for strong performance
- To have your true entrepreneur mindset rewarded with income and career growth opportunities
Check out our benefits:
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more.
Irby is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer
We are Irby - Powered by Difference