Assists in repairs andmaintenance of physical structure of nursing center in a safe and efficientmanner in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations andour established procedural guidelines, and as may be directed by supervisor.
1. Performs routine maintenance of airconditioners/heaters.
2. Uses pressure washer as requested.
3. Uses electrical tools and equipmentwhen appropriate. (Including voltmeter, drills, saws, etc.)
4. Checks oxygen level of concentratorsas requested or needed.
5. Performs routine maintenance ofoxygen concentrator as scheduled/needed.
6. Performs water temperature tests asrequested/scheduled.
7. Tests fire alarm systems asscheduled/needed.
8. Tests fire safety equipment as scheduled/needed
9. Builds various structures for the useof the patients, e.g., benches, flower boxes, and other carpentry workrequiring the use of various materials (wood, plaster, cement, nails, etc.)
10. Completes general maintenance, plumbingrepair, replacing and unclogging hair traps, unplugging toilets, repairingwashers and dryer, replacing broken pipes/water lines etc.
11. Maintains and replaces electricaloutlets and light bulbs and rewires or replaces wiring in various equipmentused by the center.
12. Installs and checks batteries of smokealarms.
13. Assists in fire drills. Also checksextinguishers and assists fire Marshall with inspection.
14. Removes furniture and clothing formrooms no longer occupied, or assists in the moving to another room of patientsbelongings e.g. furniture etc.
15. Paints interior or exterior of center asrequested/needed. Also, may include wallpapering.
16. Assists in the construction of anyadditions onto the center.
17. Maintains the grounds of the center toprovide that they are free of garbage; also, may include mowing of lawn,trimming hedges, weeding, etc.
18. Performs routine laundry equipmentmaintenance as scheduled/needed.
19. Performs unscheduled maintenance tasksas requested.
20. Performs generator testing and routinemaintenance as scheduled/needed.
21. Assists with major cleaning projects asrequested/needed.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
On-the-job training provided.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
High School graduate or equivalent.