What makes us Qlik?
We're motivated to help people make discoveries in data, share insights, make decisions and act with confidence. Making a difference, both in small and large ways, is our passion.
We believe data can change the world. And we believe people can, too.
The Customer Success Organization (CSO)
Delivering Customer Success is an important focus for Qlik and we are committed to delighting our customers at every interaction. Understanding our Customer's needs, creating the right engagement for the right customer at the right time is key. The Customer Success Organization consists of Global Consulting, Global Support, Knowledge & Learning, Customer Success Management and Operations, collaborating as one team to ensure we understand customer needs, consumption and outcomes, in order to create, deliver and manage a set of offerings that result in highly successful and loyal customers.
Establishing Customer Success Operations and Adoption Science at Qlik as our first Vice President
The Vice President, Customer Success Operations & Adoption Science is a senior member of the Customer Success Organization reporting directly to the Chief Customer Officer, who in turn reports to the CEO. Your mission will be to drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer Success Organization. You will work with the CSO leadership team to develop and evolve the overall Customer Success Organization strategy and operations, while evangelizing Customer Success at Qlik and ensuring process optimization.
You will lead a team responsible for executing on the strategy within the Customer Success Organization through collecting customer insights, creating programs and introducing operational efficiencies that deliver long-term value and success for our customers, while positively impacting multiple areas of Qlik's business.
What you will do as a Customer Success Operations and Adoption Sciences Vice President
- Guide CSO Strategic Planning and Change Management: Guide CSO leadership team on strategy and operational change management; Ensure strategic decisions are supported through data and analysis, and align with company strategy; Identify, plan for and execute on change management initiatives.
- Drive Customer and Operational Insights and Analytics: Define key metrics for the Customer Success Organization - product usage, time to value, NPS, cost / ARR customer health, adoption & engagement, %churn, engagement, margin, and revenue; Establish system for tracking metrics; Create cadence for review within team. Build executive dashboards for presentation to X-team and Board to effectively communicate progress being made across the CSO, and to influence organizational behaviour, drive forward-looking strategy, and identify operational gaps or areas of improvement.
- Define and Optimize the Customer Lifecycle: Map customer journey; Develop listening posts in journey (e.g., usage, engagement, etc.); Standardize engagement model for each post in journey across all CSO functional teams; Identify opportunities for continuous improvement; Learn from best practices in industry
- Implement an early warning system: Map data and customer journey to setup alerts that allow the team to address problems quickly and enable the team to focus on accounts that require help.
- Enhance Effectiveness and Efficiency Through Technology: Scale and improve processes and tools by up-levelling Customer Success Organization systems and workflows; Develop roadmap for technology changes required to drive operational efficiencies and implement new tools that can develop and scale robust programs focusing on critical areas of customer growth, such as KPI benchmarking, customer training and education, NPS surveys, and customer feedback.
- Build and Lead Customer Success Operations Team: Lead a team of highly skilled senior operations managers, analysts, data scientists, survey designers and product managers to deliver high value, data-driven insights into the customer journey and proactively identify, develop and deliver on long-term strategies and initiatives that accelerate the value of the customer investment in Qlik products and solutions.
- Champion Customer Success Across Qlik: Evangelize company-wide culture of Customer Success; Align with Marketing around outreach to existing clients; Align with Product and influence product roadmap; Align with Sales to facilitate selling with a retention focus; Align with Finance around measurement, budget planning and forecasting; Align with IT to drive technology and workflow effectiveness; Align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives; Drive company-wide definition of ideal customer. Create company-wide customer feedback loop. Serve as a thought leader in the CSO by keeping up to speed on the latest best practices and available tools.
To be considered for the role you must have the following experience
- Customer Success or Operations leadership experience, including at least twelve years leading a successful, high-growth, customer facing or operations organization within a SaaS company with direct involvement supporting CS strategy, organizational design, and performance management
- Strong understanding of all facets of Customer Success: Implementation, Professional Services, Success, Technical Support, and Training
- Strong business, technical and operational acumen and executive presence, combined with deep analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills; strong understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Proven experience across multiple operations models: onshore, offshore and outsourced;
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills with strong ability to work collaboratively across the organization and obtain positive visibility and credibility quickly at the C-level. Ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with a proven track record in attracting talent, and building and motivating teams
- Ability to drive change management; guide the team with confidence and empathy through a fast-paced, changing environment
- Passion for data, analytics, and process: dive into data to understand trends and insights to continuously refine and improve our company strategy and performance
- Excellent program management skills and facilitation skills; Able to manage multiple projects at the same time and prioritize within competing priorities.
- Flexibility, and ability to adjust on the fly, to new demands; a high sense of urgency; excels under pressure.
- Have been part of, or preferably led, a key transformation
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience mandatory; Masters preferred
- Business level English mandatory
You will thrive if you are
- Have proven ability to drive true value for customers
- Have demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Have a passion for delivering a superior Customer experience
- MBA advantageous
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
This position needs to be located near our office in Palo Alto, King of Prussia, PA or Newton , MA. We try to hire the best person for the job, whether they are on-site or virtual. A good cultural fit is the most important attribute for this role. A Qlik virtual workplace enables a team member to employ a self-motivated, disciplined, highly responsive approach in achieving team success.