Software Development Engineer - Amazon Publisher Services
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps digital publishers around the world build and grow thriving businesses. We provide services and advanced technologies to web, mobile app and advanced TV publishers of all sizes, including many of comScore’s global top 100, to help them monetize their content with demand from multiple programmatic buyers. Our server-side header bidding solutions are fast and reliable across devices, handling billions of queries per day, delivering ads in milliseconds. The result is more profitable advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers.
We are seeking a motivated backend/fullstack engineer to develop a suite of tools and services to support the 3rd Party Buyers optimize the ad traffic that they receive and help them increase their bid win rate. This includes building out the APIs, data pipelines that produce and consume streams for partner analysis, and real-time data enrichment in our distributed systems that process Internet scale.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience.
· Develop rich looking responsive user interfaces using modern front-end web technologies
· Lead the applications architecture to develop common reusable code
· Lead discussions to analyze our needs, then improve and develop the solutions
· Instill the culture of software quality from creation to production deployment. Write quality code backed by automated unit, integration tests.
· Instrument apps, debug to resolve production issues and tune the applications to improve performance.
· Break down the work items, assign tasks to junior engineers and mentor them to grow
· Continuously learn modern technologies, share with team, improve best practices for applications development and delivery
· Build and operate the systems based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements
· 3+ years of industry experience in software development
· MS or Ph.D. in a science or engineering discipline
· Hands-on experience in ad-tech industry
· Knowledge of ad tech entities like DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, Publishers, and Advertisers
· A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Experience with agile software development
· A strong bias for action
· Self-directed, flexible, goal-oriented and strong sense of ownership
· Strong verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information succinctly to technical and non-technical audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.