Software Development Engineer, Advertising Technology
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Private Marketplaces (PMP) play a very important role in the world of digital advertising. PMPs are programmatic transactions that occur between a buyer and seller for a specific set of the seller's inventory at a pre-negotiated price. PMPs are attractive to sellers because they allow them to establish a direct relationship with the buyer and provide transparency into who is buying their inventory. Similarly, PMPs are attractive to buyers because they allow them to forge direct relationships with sellers (and avoid spoofed inventory), negotiate rates/rebates, efficiently target a subset of inventory and affords their bids higher priority than open auction for that set of inventory.
We are looking for strong software/frontend engineers who will be excited about building our next-generation systems while interfacing with other complex systems within and outside of Amazon. If you like building systems, writing code and creating new advertising experiences for all Internet users, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
· Build advertiser facing web applications and backend API services
· Design and develop highly distributed components of our advertising system.
· Pair with senior engineers to develop new and innovative ad products.
· Brainstorm with Product management and partner teams about new ideas, technical design and project plans; make data-driven decisions to inform product prioritization.
· Be an early adopter of emerging AWS technologies for AdTech use cases.
· Think out of the box!
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading Internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Experience developing complex systems
· A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and applications
· Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of platforms, including first-time user experience, connectivity issues, and perceived performance
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Passion for operational excellence
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.